Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Whats up fawkers...I got a question too

  1. #1
    Inactive Member FerioSiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2001
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what up guys, nice to see we all got a place to chill again.

    now on to my question. I had been gettin a check engine light, and it was sending a code 1 for primary O2 sensor. so i changed that about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and thought everything was fine. Until this morning, when i got the check engine light again and a bloody code 1!!! Any ideas on what else could be causing this? it only seems to trigger the light on the highway when the car is cold. it has never happened during city driving, and i am confused as to what the dilly is.


    By the way, my damn back ordered - special ordered intake finally came. NICE!

    peace out!

    ------------------
    314,000 miles and still goin strong!




    [This message has been edited by FerioSiR (edited November 08, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member marked001's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2001
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I get a code 1 too every once in awhile after driving on the highway for awhile.... it doesn't happen too often and it goes away after awhile so I never really worried about it. I suggest you do the same. haha. j/k. I dont really know what it could be....

    congrats on your first real mod wink haha.

    ------------------
    tahitiangreen91hatchsi

    www.marked001.com
    under construction

    [email protected]

    illadelphia, PA

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 91zc's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    576
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a bad O2 sensor after my swap and I replaced the sensor and it went away. A few weeks later it came back. Turned out that the wiring was bad to the O2 sensor. I rewired and haven't had a problem for months. smile

    ------------------
    1991 Civic 4dr
    ZC
    Zdyne Ecu
    Si tranny
    Thermal R&D exhaust
    Iceman
    Chikara header
    Weapon R Circuit Pro
    KYB AGX's
    Powerslot Rotors
    AEM/Nissin Pads
    Going B16 soon

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FerioSiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2001
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    thanks jason!

    about the O2, mine goes away too. i usually just shut the car off, and then restart it, and there is no more light. weeeiiirrrddd eh?

    thanks 91zc, i dont think im gonna mess with the wires either. the damn light is just a pain in the ass...especially at night, that sucker is bright!

    ------------------
    314,000 miles and still goin strong!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 91zc's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    576
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My wiring was bad because when I bought my header the O2 bung was right before the cat and the stock one was right up on the manifold. I had to extend the wires and I did a pretty crappy job doing it frown Then once the code was thrown again I decided I might as well wire it up right and make it last. smile

    ------------------
    1991 Civic 4dr
    ZC
    Zdyne Ecu
    Si tranny
    Thermal R&D exhaust
    Iceman
    Chikara header
    Weapon R Circuit Pro
    KYB AGX's
    Powerslot Rotors
    AEM/Nissin Pads
    Going B16 soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •